Guidelines for Church Officers & Committees
Church Leadership Team »
- The Church Leadership Team is the voice of the church.
- Membership is made up of chairs of leadership areas, those office that UMC Discipline state must serve on CLT, and members at Large.
- The CLT hears reports, request, and needs of the leadership area.
- They also set all church policies.
Lay Leader/Assist Lay Leader »
- They are the liaison between laity and the staff.
- They assist the Pastor in worship.
- They lead worship in the absence of the Pastor.
- They lead a “Laity Sunday Worship” made up of all laity.
- They help in leading the church to fulfill her vision.
Staff-Parish Relations »
- They are the liaison between the staff and the church.
- They are responsible for all hiring/dismissing of church staff.
- They make recommendations to the Bishop concerning the appointment of Pastoral leadership.
- They work with staff concerning ministry of the church.
- They are the legal voice of the church.
- They are responsible for the building, grounds, and the parsonage.
- They maintain the church buildings and parsonage through two sub committees building and grounds/parsonage.
- They receive all benevolences left to the church and fulfill all requests made by donors on how funds are used.
- They receive request from committees and groups for line items in the budget.
- They formulate a budget from requests and present it to the CLC for approval.
- They then are charged with the responsibility of raising the funds to meet the budget.
- They work with local, national, and world missions.
- They help develop ways we can minister to people in need in our community.
- They support Conference mission’s projects and United Methodist missions around the world.
- They share mission’s programs with the church.
- They also work with Congregational Care Team.
- They are responsible for reaching out to visitors to our church.
- They are responsible for follow up on prospects.
- They work with Worship Committee on making sure visitors are welcomed.
- They are responsible for soul-winning outreach of the church.
- They are responsible for all Evangelist programs/workshops for the church.
- They work with the Pastor to formulate the order of worship.
- They are responsible for set up of Holy Communion.
- They are responsible for coming up with ideas for ways to worship.
- They are responsible for all special/seasonal worship services.
- They work with Evangelism Committee on welcoming visitors to our church.
- They keep congregation informed on what is going on.
- They work with Web-Master on church web site.
- They make sure that church activities are advertised.
- They help with sound and audio for worship.
Youth Team »
- Work with the youth to plan their program and ministry
- To be a support system for the over all youth program
- To work with Staff/Lay leadership working with youth
Education Team »
- The Education Council is responsible for planning and implementing settings in which children, youth, and adults can seek to know God and discover ways to live as Christian disciples.
- Convene the ministry team for Christian education and/or nurture
- Plan and evaluate settings for teaching, learning such as Sunday School, Small Groups
- Recruit/ identify and equip effective leaders for each class, small group or event
- Identify and supply needed resources
- Keep open dialogue with teachers by providing quarterly meetings
- Women’s and Men’s ministries.
Children’s Team »
- Advocate for the children of the church
- Organize special events such as Promotion Sunday, Winterfest, Advent, Lent, Vacation Bible School, Mission projects
- Provide volunteers for Children’s Church
- Assist with children’s choir
Hospitality Team »
- Responsible for Door step ministry.
- Responsible for Church picnic.
- Responsible for fellowship meals.
- Responsible for family ministry events.
- Responsible for Greeters.
Congregational Care Team »
- Prayer Chain, funeral meals, Angel Food Ministry, Hospitality and home bound visitation, prayer shawl ministry, helping hands, Care Note ministry.
Clothes Closet Board »
- See Leadership Members of the Clothes Closet to be informed on duties.
Cooking Crew »
- Create and develop policy and procedures for the kitchen.
- Oversee the financial responsibilities of the kitchen funds.
- Responsible for all equipment and supplies for the kitchen.
- Preparation and provision of church meals and other events that are requested.
Building Team »
- This team works together to develop plans for future building projects for KUMC.